Here's a quick guide on how to set up your device:
SIM CARD INFORMATION
Tinitell works like any other phone, so to start using it you will need to purchase a micro SIM card and top it up with voice and mobile data credit. We have tested a number of operators to make sure that Tinitell will work fine in your country, so please follow this reference list of recommended operators per country.
US customers will receive Tinitell with a SIM card from Ting included in the Tinitell box.
Once you have purchased a micro-SIM card from one of the recommended operators, please make sure that you insert it correctly.
- Make sure your smartphone’s internet connection is on
- Make sure your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection is on
- Make sure you have a 2G micro SIM card available
- Make sure your 2G micro SIM card is topped up with calls and data
- Download the Tinitell app on Google Play or App Store
PAIR TINITELL WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE VIA THE APP
- Open the micro SIM card lid with the world's smallest screwdriver
- Insert the micro SIM card as shown here
- Switch Tinitell OFF by pressing the big button longer than 6 seconds
- Switch Tinitell ON by pressing the big button longer than 4 seconds
- Make sure your Tinitell next to your smartphone
- Launch the Tinitell app
- Press on “Get Started” and follow the instructions in the app
GET TINITELL'S LOCATION FOR THE FIRST TIME
Once you have successfully paired your Tinitell with the app, the map will show Tinitell's position with a location pin. Every time you open the app you will see an updated location. If the Tinitell is turned off, out of battery or it cannot connect to the network, you will see a 'last seen' date under the location pin. This indicates the last time the Tinitell has sent a location to the server (and app).
CALL TINITELL FROM THE APP
- Press on the kid avatar to go to their profile
- Press the 'call' button
ADD CONTACTS TO TINITELL
- Make sure Tinitell sits next to your smartphone and open the Tinitell app and turn on Bluetooth on your phone
- Tap the kid avatar to go to their profile
- Tap “Contacts”
- Tap the "+" icon and select a contact from your phone's contact list
- Tap the "microphone" icon to record a voice label for that contact (i.e. Mom) then press "Done"
- You can also turn on / off the call blocking feature from this screen
CALL YOUR PHONE FROM TINITELL
- Press the “Call Button” - big button on the Tinitell face
- Use the “Volume Buttons” to scroll between contacts and hear their voice labels
- Press the “Call Button” again to start calling
- Press the "Call Button" when you want to end the call
Please email us to email@example.com should you encounter any problem when you set up your Tinitell.